Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Better Check Your Work.


The fourth grade class in my field base block was working on long-division today. I can't remember the last time that  I had to use long-division to figure out the answer to a problem instead of grabbing the closest calculator to me. The teacher asked me to do a few examples with the class while she dealt with a boy that needed to call home for behavioral reasons. 

I made up a few problems and we worked them out, the kids got them right every time! Fourth graders are so insanely smart, it blows my mind more and more everyday. We used multiplication to check our work and make sure that we did the math correctly. The kiddos knew exactly how to do all of this and they just learned how to do it with larger numbers TODAY. Like, five minutes before. I'm telling you...crazy smart kids.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I can totally relate. I forgot what it is like to do long division. I usually just use my calculator to solve problems lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to you! I have never been good in math and struggle so bad. I am always pulling out my calculator to receive the answers. I would be freaking out if I was in your position.

    ReplyDelete