Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Can't Scratch This Itch.



I've been itching for a hike; I haven't been on one in what feels like a lifetime. Life has been keeping me so busy lately that I haven't been able to even consider the possibility of taking a hike. I'd even be down to take the hike that I've taken a million times at Purgatory, rather than finding the new trail that I'm longing for. But, nonetheless, I simply can't find the time.

Regardless, my dog is supposed to be resting her hurt leg for an entire week. I’ve been making her rest for the past three that she’s been limping, what’s another week, right? An entire month of no hikes, no walks, no dog park. The guilt would eat away at me if I went without her. After this week is up and Lyla is all healed up, we’re going to hike until we drop!

Side note: My roommate and I are planning a short weekend trip to Big Bend in November, though. Neither of us have ever been and I am so excited to take on this adventure. I can't wait to see all of the beauty that God has poured out in the form of cliffs, stars, and breathtaking views that go on for miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment