Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fourth Grade Gossip.


I have been thinking of this moment since I left my field-base block for my undergrad:
I am in a fourth grade classroom twice a week for about four hours each day. On Thursday, I sat with a group of the girls in my class during lunch. We were talking about usual 11 year old girl stuff and then - the boy talk! The gossip about which girl had a crush on which boy, tragic break-ups, and flirting tips (naturally, all of the tips were for me to follow). They shared their secrets with me and, for the first time, I started to think about how much fun teaching an older grade would be.

I have had my heart set on teaching second grade for as long as I can remember. However these fourth graders are already tugging on my heart strings and I've only been in their classroom for a collection of less than twenty hours.

I can already see the enormous impact that these students are going to have on me as a future educator!

3 comments:

  1. Exciting to read your change of perspective... Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I hope you continue to share your journey with these kiddos! I really enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^What she said Madison! How wonderful that you were able to have that aha moment in listening to these young girls. I hope that boy talk isn't all they talk about :)

    ReplyDelete