Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Something To Pray About.



I'm so torn. 

The more I learn about the Teacher Fellows Program through Texas State University, the more I want to apply for it. I think that having my Master's Degree would be very helpful throughout my teaching career as well as having a mentor to assist me throughout my first year of teaching because Lord knows that I am going to have so many questions. On the other hand, there is this summer camp that I learned about through a friend that I would love to be the counselor at. I don't think after I get into the swing of things with my teaching career that I will have the opportunity to do either of these again. 

Both of these opportunities would greatly help me. A Master's Degree will help expand my knowledge of educational matters and the potential of expanding my career if I were ever interested in administrative positions at a school. At the same time, being able to work with kiddos for an entire summer at a camp full of outdoor activities and disconnect from the busy world would help me connect deeper to the teacher that I strive to be. 

This is something that I definitely need to spend more time praying about. In the end, whatever happens, happens.

8 comments:

  1. Madison,
    Both are such great opportunities! I think that something that really helps is to really do pray but ultimately trust in what God will provide your way. If your heart is feeling called to one thing more than the other, trust. Best of luck and will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blessing is that they are both good choices! There is probably no right or wrong...just different paths. Embrace the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blessing is that they are both good choices! There is probably no right or wrong...just different paths. Embrace the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Either way you can be blessed and bless others. Keep trusting and praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Pray and trust and make sure you listen to what He wants and either way you can't go wrong. :) Also if it is any help I do this thing called Holy Bible App and there are a whole bunch of different plans on there you can search for that will relate to specific real life situations - like picking a career, marriage, relationships, etc. The app also has a verse of the day each day! I just started using it over the summer and it has helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madison, either way you go will be great. I know this may be hard to decided, but I truly believe that their is no wrong answer. Both of these opportunities have a calling for you with children and I know you will do absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely understand where you are coming from. I have been contemplating about teacher fellows or just starting on my career. Continue to pray and God will lead you on the right path!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand where you are coming from. I have also been trying to figure out if I wanna go towards teacher fellows or just start my career and take a break from college for a year. There is so many decisions and I feel like not enough time to decided on what to do.

    ReplyDelete