Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Til the Very Last Sip.



I used to be uncoordinated. Used to be. For years I have considered myself quite coordinated. I was able to participate in sports, dancing, and other activities that required some serious hand-eye coordination. 

but,
not on Friday.

On Friday, I was in a great mood. The day before, in my fourth grade classroom, I really connected with many of the students which is such an important quality in a good teacher. That morning I was getting ready for work while jammin' to Tswift's new song (yes, I'm obsessed with Taylor) and simultaneously trying to keep my pup entertained. I headed out the door, shockingly ahead of time, and headed to treat myself to some coffee from Joe's down the street. I had to walk up some stairs but, no big deal, right? I've been coordinated for years, I can handle stairs.....right?

WRONG.

I. ate. it. bad. 
I slammed down onto concrete steps, sliding my elbow along the edge. My left knee is cut up and my right knee looks like it has a purple baseball growing on top of it. Buuuuuuut, I still got my coffee and it was completely worth it.

til the very last sip.

5 comments:

  1. Lol! I love this! I am very uncordinated... like VERY! I do not even pretend to be coordinated. I mean, I was a cheerleader my whole life up until high school and I am still uncoordinated. How I made it through cheerleading, I do not know. This post is relateable!!!! I am glad you got your coffee, that is what is important! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this reminds me of myself. For some reason, I always end up getting bruises from my clumsiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminded me of myself when I was walking out of a building and just completely busted from just walking. This post is very relatable. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe we all have moments like this, even those who consider themselves to be coordinated. It wouldn't be "normal" if this didn't happen every now and then as I too had a moment like this. Hope you're okay, but glad you got your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the content and the way you formatted it. And of course the last line! <3

    ReplyDelete