Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Limps.



My sweet puppers has been limping for three days now and I still have no idea what she has done. Leaving her this morning, knowing that I would be gone from 7am until after 5pm, was insanely difficult for me. I didn't stop worrying about her - until I got into the classroom with 22 fourth graders all whispering "yay" when I walked in (they were supposed to be silently reading). 

I am in my field-base blocks for my undergrad as an ECE generalist and today was my first "real" day (I was able to go and spend a couple of hours with them last week) in the classroom that I have been assigned to for the semester. These kids are so happy to have me in their classroom and they deserve my full and undivided attention for the short time that I'm there. Worrying about my puppy's limping wouldn't help her from thirty minutes away, anyways.

We ended up getting out extremely early so I was able to rush home and be with my sweet Lyla, limps and all, but I already miss those kiddos and can't wait to see them again on Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I live alone with my dog, Lucy. I also worry when I am gone all day and she isn't feeling herself. It makes me extra glad to get home to her, even though I love my job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "yays"! Yay! I am glad you were able to get home to Lyla. Great Slice!

    ReplyDelete