Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Spy Glass.


The amount of hiking trails and natural areas in the ATX area that I have yet to uncover and explore continues to baffle me. This week, I took on the Spy Glass entrance of the Barton Creek Greenbelt with my friend and our pups! We hit the trail after class and were set on finding a body of water for the dogs to swim in. A mile and a half in, the only body of water found was an oversized puddle covered in a green layer of gunk. Nevertheless, both dogs took of running and jumped on in. Thankfully, the dogs were both dry by the time we hiked the one and a half miles back to the car.

As usual, we were both starving by the time the hike was all said and done and took off for ABGB (best pizza around!). The beer is great, the pizza is incredible, and the atmosphere is to die for. The outside seating has Christmas lights hanging and best of all, dogs are allowed - thank you, Austin! If you haven't been to ABGB (Austin Beer Garden Brewing) you need to! You won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Madison, I love the title! I love Austin's trails too! I don't go out hiking as much as I should but your posts inspired me to do it. Every time I go to a trail, I feel like on high. It is truly one of my happy places. I have never tried that pizza joint. I am totally checking it out! Thank you for the rec!

    ReplyDelete